This is the second newsletter for the redevelopment of Moxon Street Car Park, being delivered by Concord London. This newsletter will provide an overview of the works planned up to Christmas and the upcoming enabling works as work commences on site.
Kier has been appointed as the main contractor for the project and will commence work on site from Monday 3rd December.
A dedicated project website - www.moxonstreetcarpark.com - has been set up to provide regular updates and information on the project. The website contains the latest news from the site, contact details and information on forthcoming works.
A Community Liaison Group (CLG) has been formed of local residents and stakeholders who meet regularly with the project team to give feedback and to raise any concerns that they have. If you would like to receive email updates about the works, including information on about CLG meetings and minutes, please contact Four Communications using the contact details supplied.
The next CLG meeting will take place on Monday 3rd December, starting at 6.30pm, taking place at Aubaine Marylebone, 7 Moxon Street. If you would like to attend, please let Four Communications know using the contact details provided.
The main construction on works have not commenced on site but certain preparatory works have been completed. These include:
• Closure of the car park to public vehicles at the end of October. Please note that the London Farmer’s Market will continue to operate every Sunday but will be located on Aybrook Street from this time.
Surveys of the pavement vaults around the perimeter of the site (these are the vaults associated with the terraced housing that used to occupy the site).
• Commencement of an Unexploded Ordinance Survey (UXO), which will continue until mid-December.
The upcoming works on site are as follows:
• Kier will be installing a temporary hoarding around the site from Monday 26th November for security in preparation on for the start of the main works on site. Initially, this hoarding will be positioned on the pavement and will progressively move out into the road, eventually sitting outside of the kerb edge.
• From Monday 3rd December the remaining preparatory works will continue on site, including excavated of the pavement vaults at the edges of the site and removal of the remaining car park tarmac.
• Disconnection and removal of the street lighting adjacent to the site and its replacement with lighting on the temporary hoarding. Note that street lights on the opposite side of the street will remain.
• Installation of six site cabins on site. We expect this phase of the works to be complete by the end of January.
All work on site will be carried out in accordance with Westminster City Council’s Code of Construction Practice. The site will be registered with the Considerate Constructors Scheme.
As part of these agreements, our contractors’ working hours will be restricted to the Council’s standard working hours. These are:
Weekdays: 08:00 – 18:00
Saturday: 08:00 – 13:00 (quiet works only) No working on Sundays or Bank Holidays
The Construction on Management Plan for the site is available to view on the project website, www.moxonstreetcarpark.com
Commencement of works on site: 3rd December 2018
Completion of site preparatory works: January 2019
Commencement of piling: February 2019
Commencement of excavation: May 2019
For general enquiries, please contact our communications advisors Four Communications:
E email@example.com T 020 3697 4325
In the case of emergencies, please contact the on-site contractors' Kier:
David Webb (Site Manager): E firstname.lastname@example.org T 07970 718 215
Jon Staley (Project Manager): E email@example.com T 07816 215 717
The points of contact for the Westminster City Council Construction Impact Team are as follows:
E firstname.lastname@example.org T 020 7641 3802
E email@example.com T 020 7641 2562